
I was reminded this week about the small indulgences in life, like cupcakes. I had breakfast with some friends this week at great restaurant in our area - Finn's. I had heard such good things about the food and just that it was a fun place to eat and hang out. All true.
But I was especially looking forward to trying a cupcake from there. We all were. So after a fabulous plate of eggs benidict which was I am sure heaping with calories....(what was I thinking???)I realized we were all looking around to ask the waitress about the CUPCAKES...
However, it was not to be. Apparently they are a specialty offered only in the spring. Needless to say, my taste buds turned sticky from disappointment. I tried desperately to hide my dispare, from my friends. After all -- wasn't I off sugar??? Yes, but sharing cupcakes with your girlfriends is code for - I don't know. . . . just you know--" BFF". It is just a thing we do right? And it is so fun. After getting initiated into yummy cupcakes by going to Magnolia Bakery in NYC with some of these same friends, I can't help but continue to share in this ritual - whenever it comes up!! And with great anticipation everytime.
Which brings me to my main point. So one of my friends, sent me the link for the cupcakes that evaded us - for breakfast. And I have heard they are fabulous. So although I have yet to try one, I am anxious to.
With this in mind, I now know there are now two great places to discover cupcakes around here. One is the mini's, of course, recommended at Finn's - they just aren't carrying them right now.
But they have a website . . . for more info, go to http://www.mini-cupcakes.com/ and the other is So Cupcake which I hear will be open soon somewhere near 39th on Highland Drive. I have had several of these!! They are beautiful, divine and absolutely yummy - especially the red velvet . And I also love the blueberry....I am sure I will be in line often.
Perfect for girlfriend time like, right after breakfast and workouts!! hee hee