
Deep in their roots,
all flowers keep the
light.
- Theodore Roethke
Here it is.... my Hydrangea making a comeback. The summer nearly killed it. Along with my seeming inability to keep it constantly happy. I haven't moved it yet, because so far I have remembered to keep up the supplemental watering's, and it needs ton's when it is hot outside.
I have to say I have turned out to be an "inconsistent gardener" if the water is on auto and is working, I am fine, but hand watering has been a bummer.
I am unusually giddy, however about the new life my plant has presented. I really thought it was completely dead at one point. All the branches were brittle and brown. I almost crumbled the hole plant in my hand. I left the stem and just hoped that the roots were OK. I have no idea why I left it, I hoped.... but it was such a baseless idea to leave it. I can't believe it really had so much life still left.
Anyway, after a bout a week I saw little buds and new leaves started coming back. Now it is tall and peeking several new leaves out the branches. Excited to have a second chance, I am more serious about it's future.
I cannot guarantee that some trip or overly busy week, or neglect won't try to creep in and sabotage my efforts at having a green thumb over my favorite plant, but I will do my best. Anyone know any landscape babysitters??