Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ocean Treasures


The Ocean misses me already!!!!! Every time I have gone into my laundry room this week, I still see a few traces of sand that have eluded me. They are calling out my name...... "M a d y !! " . And then I hear the wind calling ...." come back , you only had one week to enjoy me!!That is not enough time! You did not read enough and you did not hear the waves enough!! come back!!!!"


Well that sounded more like the words of the Para- normal Romance novel I picked up in San Diego, just before we went into Baja for our week at a beach house in La Mision, Mexico... but in a way it is true. I could spend a month there and be happy.

And it is not just me ...... we all enjoyed our time at the beach... my kids had a blast. One morning we got up very early and went hunting for crabs and starfish in the rocks!!! The kids found several crabs, no starfish, lots of sand dollars and some great volcano shells. They made necklaces out of the shells and are still wearing them!! (Thanks MW!!)


I love how the most simple things mean the most.


For my youngest, Princess T. Everything was still so new and exciting!!! For her, the Dolphin and Seal sightings were just as important as Sea Shells. As it should be.

But nothing could beat the baby Colt we saw everyday on the beach. Princess T . Named it "Sarah" and the mom she named "Milosa".

The other kids would spend forever in the waves, on boogie boards and a raft and then just lay in the sand, coating and soaking themselves with the warm sand to dry off. It was an addicting cycle.

All the while "mom" just sitting and reading, or sleeping in a beach chair all day long. It was funny how my husband kind of became like the "mom" he was in and out of the house all day attending to the kids and me... while I just layed out basking in the sun and doing nothing. And he was actually enjoying himself!!

Most of all we enjoyed the company of good friends, had good food and laughed a lot.

A vacation sure to never be forgotten.

And I am sure I will be reflecting on it alot, as I am now home to stay for a while....... I have been away alot this summer.
And thanks to some vigilant neighbors..... my Hydrangea plant is doing well. I may have to move it though...it may be getting too much sun!!!!