



Of course.... during the winter, I can't do much for my Hydrangea plant, but hope it doesn't die from the weather. I know that Hydrangeas can do just fine in the cold weather, but it depends on how sheltered the location is. I didn't really think about that when I put it in. I may be moving it in the spring anyway.... so I just hope it is ok where it is until then. I put a pile of leaves around the base and that should give it a little bit of insulation.
I do have some other plants in my life, one of which has always been my most favorite. That is my Boston Fern. Seriously, I love this plant. It is a little old fashioned ---but so beautiful!!! I have had two of these in my life. The first one lasted about 8 years and I left it with my neighbor in California when we moved to Utah. Then for a few years, I could not find the right kind. Alot of ferns I would see here, where I live - would say they were a boston, but they never looked right. The palms did not arch the way I liked and the leaves looked curly. Then one day, I saw one at a random grocery store!!! And so I have had it for about 5 years now.
It is very tolerant of neglect, which is why it has done so well. It does not need too much water and always looks great.
More recently I aquired some great cyprus topiaries, which have quickly become new favorites!!! They were left over from a neighborhood gift boutique I did just after Thanksgiving. I love how clean and geometric they look. I am excited about them ... we shall see if I can keep them looking healthy!!
Finally, the TREE !!! We put up our Christmas tree!! And I can't ever kill it - yes it's fake!! The best kind!!