
Happy Birthday Mr.C!!!!
" I want some modern furniture, camping stuff and a quadruple combination." my son told me a few months ago.
Just what I love about Mr. C, he is very specific. He seems to have had a very good day. He loves just to be at home and around family, he just wanted all the traditions to be intact, as usual, and was relieved we all pulled through.
First is the Birthday Door, where a fairy comes in the night and hangs crepe paper or something fantastic over the opening of the bedroom door. Then in the morning we have to knock on the door and tell the birthday girl/boy to come outside...and wahla!!! When they walk through the door they are one year older!!!! We all clap and sing happy birthday.
I have photos, but early morning shots of the bunch of us is pretty scary.. and most eyes were closed etc... so it didn't really capture the moment like I wished.
Oh well, finally we get to follow the birthday celebrity up to the kitchen where a gift a favorite box of cereal and cake awaits... with balloons etc...
The rest of the day was actually pretty busy and he had hopes to get out of everything for his birthday... but not-to-be. The only thing that he did not have to do was his ZONE (chore area) .
We ended the day however with a dinner out, at a restaurant of Mr. C's choice.
I was actually the most excited about this because, of all my kids, Mr. C has the most sophisticated taste. He loves gourmet foods and seafood; pretty much anything. He never hesitates to ask for the most expensive and delectable items on most menus. He loves to cook and just enjoys good food. So I couldn't wait to hear his choice for tonight. Needless to say I was a tiny , little bit, slightly, minutely . . . . bummed out, when he actually said the words Chuck-A-Rama.
Hanging out was the best though and we had a great dinner!!! I actually enjoyed some coconut shrimp with mango sauce!!
Mr. C's birthday wishes all came true.... we focused on him a lot this week and I am pretty sure he was greatly satisfied with turning twelve. He got an awesome "Modern Chair", tons of camping stuff and a quad!!
Now let's see who's birthday is next..............